According to DfE guidance for 2020/2021:
A £955 Pupil Premium will be awarded to pupils in Years 7 to 11 who;
• Have been registered as eligible for free school meals (FSM) at any point in the last 6 years.
£2,345 Pupil Premium will be awarded to any pupil who:
• has been in local-authority care for 1 day or more
• has been recorded as both eligible for FSM in the last 6 years and as being looked after (or as having left local-authority care)
• has been identified January 2016 census to January 2019 census or the alternative provision census as having left local-authority care as a result of one of the following:
• a special guardianship order
• a child arrangements order (previously known as a residence order)
West Midlands Education & Skills is not a publicly funded school so we will only receive Pupil Premium with agreement from the local authority.
The school has a point person in each of the referring local authorities who we contact when a referral is made to establish:
• whether the pupil is eligible
• whether the local authority will be passing on the Pupil Premium funding to the school
• how much and at what frequency payments will be made
How do we decide how it is used?
• Some pupils are taught on a one to one basis, as a result of this pupil premium is usually spent on individual pupils as allocated
Management analyses individual pupil performance. They look at areas for improvement and formulate what resources pupils need to improve their learning experience. They also refer to the EHC plan if the pupil has one.
Decisions about how Pupil Premium will be used are finalised at each pupil’s PEP (Personal Educational Plan) review meeting.
How do we monitor how Pupil Premium is used?
• The School keeps a folder for all pupils in receipt of Pupil Premium funding
• This folder has records of the Pupil Premium funding they receive and what it was used for
• It also contains records of pupil’s achievement certificates; end of term reports; attendance summaries; PEP reviews; LAC reviews
• The Head of School summarises what Pupil Premium Funding was used for at the end of each academic year